Sunday, November 22, 2009

Big Band Gig


I really enjoyed being back in Fargo to sing with the Jazz Arts Group Big Band. It had taken weeks of preparation to get ready for the 1 hour show. Getting charts made for the band is really difficult and of course, I never got to rehearse with them until the day of the concert. It all went so well, and it was a little surreal when Mayor Walaker proclaimed it "Sony Holland Day" in Fargo! That caught me completely by surprise...
The Look Of Love

The Mayor's Proclamation



1 comment:

  1. This must have been an incredible experience, Sony. You sound wonderful with Jerry, and with your trio but this must have been like playing at the Kennedy Center. I wish I could have been there. And, of course, Fargo wanted to do something truly special for THEIR girl. I am sure they are all so proud of you - just as we are. I'm just thrilled to be able to live vicariously through these wonderful videos.

    ReplyDelete